We are officially 7 days away from autumn. The season of colours, golden leaves, apples and Barbour jackets. It’s time for the sweater weather. The slight chill in the wind wants us to wrap ourselves in those cosy sweaters while sipping apple cider (maybe slightly mixed with whisky).
As Stanley Horowitz said, “winter is an etching, spring a watercolour, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.” Autumn teaches us to embrace life beautifully, the falling golden leaves show how to age gracefully.
When talking about style – whether your aesthetic is “polished and preppy” or “casual street it girl” autumn is a season that has all in it. Today we are talking about 7 capsule looks that can easily take us from summer to autumn.
- Summer in Fall: Typically summer looks having dresses and skirts can be easily transitioned into fall – top it with your Favourite cardigan or light coat and cute ankle booties and you are ready to welcome autumn in style.
- Plaids and Tweeds Twist – The crisp chill of the wind can be outrun with stunning plaids and tweeds that we were seeing the whole year thinking I will wear it in October. Plaid is the signature pattern of fall so bring the big guns out.
- Style Rainbow – After the neutral palettes of summer, it’s time to play with colours. Autumn is a season when every colour looks beautiful. We never had to stand in front of our closet and think will this colour look good because yes it will.
- Chic Coats and Cardigans – We are not in for big woollen coats but it’s time to hike up our chic game. Keep the warmth intact with some good chic coats and cardigans.
- Don’t forget the Classic Barbour – Our Autumn wardrobe is incomplete if we don’t have a Barbour jacket in it. Barbour can be paired with anything and everything – going to run errands pair it with jeans and boots, having lunch with friend pair with a cute dress.
- Cosy Sweaters – It’s time to embrace the cosy and soft sweaters that feel like dreams. The plush fabric that we never want to take off.
- The trench is Trend – If you are like me whose body temperature falls before you say autumn then better start looking for a preppy trench. Whole autumn this piece is a staple element of my almost every day look.