Last Friday, I talked about my routine. In that post, I asked you, people, whether you guys are up of a weekly challenge. I am glad to know that many of you are interested in trying something new or in few cases going back to an old era. So lets the ball rolling.
I know this is a challenging period, so I am not going to make it more difficult for any of you. So we are going to follow simple 6 rules for 6 days Starting Wednesday morning. The one and only condition is no cheating. I want all of you to be completely honest with your self. Yes, not with me but with your self and follow these 6 simple rules.
The challenge will begin on Wednesday Morning and it will end on Monday night.
1. Fixed Sleep Routine: Okay, so you guys have to set up a fixed sleeping routine. Anything between 9 PM to 8 PM in the morning. Choose a time that suits you best. Wake up at the exact time on Wednesday morning and make sure you are going to bed at the time you have chosen to sleep every night for the next week.
In case you are finding it difficult to sleep then you might have to make few changes like keeping your phone away, make sure your bed is clean, read some boring stuff, immediately go to sleep when you feel like sleeping, or the worst-case, go to sleep whenever you feel like sleeping but make sure to wake up at the fixed time next day. After 2 or 3 days your body will start adapting.
2. No Social Media for 2 hours in the Morning: It’s going to be the hardest. Trust me, if you feel like having a fixed sleeping pattern is difficult then no, making sure not to open Insta, Twitter early in the morning is the most difficult task. The simple solution is to keep your mobile phone out of your reach. so that you are not picking it up either when you are still in the bed or immediately after coming out of the bed.
3. 2 Stretches: If you are successful at avoiding the phone first thing in the morning, then you will pass 2 hours very easily. Starting with 2 stretches of your choice. I prefer full-body stretch in the morning.
Here is how to perform the full-body stretches.
Now time for the second stretch.
Perform both stretches 2 times. If you are interested in a bit more variations and a few more stretches, this video has some good stretches for beginners.
4. 10 Squats: The Squats are the best lower body exercise that builds muscles, tones your legs and burns extra fats. Doing squats is the simplest exercise that you can do in the morning. start with 5 and increase slowly and by the time our challenge ends I hope you will be able to make it to 10.
How to Squat:
5. No Sweets: We love desserts and especially when we staying home and are being distracted. So for the next 6 days no sweet dishes i.e. chocolate, cakes, smoothies, ice-cream or any other form of sugar that you love to have during the day.Photo by Anthony Tran on Unsplash
6. 1 Skin Care Routine: Before going to the bed, make sure to perform at least one skincare routine. It could be as simple as washing your face and putting a good moisturizer and going for some sort of face pack that suits your skin. If you want to try some old but gold homemade face pack, here is the list of 7 natural face packs that are being used in India since ancient times.
That’s it, ladies, you are ready to sleep. We will check the report on Tuesday. You can leave the comment here under this post/Instagram/Twitter/Facebook/Email, whether you were successful in keeping up with the challenge or not? what difficulties did you face? We will discuss them in future.
All the very best! I look forward to hearing from you about this experiment.
Subscribe and get things right to your inbox
* We will never share your details with any third party
We'll get back to you shortly.